The purpose of the Student Development Committee is to create leaders that will take the initiative to unite the Memorial Student Center Committee for the Awareness of Mexican American Culture (MSC CAMAC). To achieve this goal, members will commit to the planning and execution of inter-committee meetings, socials, retreats and other events. These events are there for our members, not to be part of MSC CAMAC, but because they’re part of MSC CAMAC.
You are not alone in this process!
“You can do what I cannot do. I can do what you cannot do. Together we can do great things.” -Mother Teresa
If you’re wondering, “What do members involved in the STUDs subcommittee learn?”
- STUDS members learn to appreciate and give importance to every step of the planning and execution of a program. Sometimes, the little things achieve the biggest goals! Participation and ideas are very important and crucial for the success of programs.
STUDs Sub-Committee Member Expectations
- Have fun and enjoy every second spent as a STUDs member
- If you feel like something should be done differently, share your ideas so that we can implement them
- Be dedicated to our team
- Trust and be trusted; delegate and be responsible
- Be a good listener
- Everything you do in this subcommittee is very important for MSC CAMAC
- Dedication, enthusiasm, and creativity is required! We want to make sure the whole committee bonds as the familia we are!
- General Committee Meetings are the nucleus of MSC CAMAC’s events. This is where the whole committee unites to talk about events and socials. We are in charge of planning these meetings!
- Room available
- Drinks and Ice
- Powerpoint Presentation must be ready
- IceBreaker for members
STUDs Director Expectations
- Be there as a director and friend
- Work with STUDs members in order to teach every step when it comes to planning and executing programs
- Do not lecture on “how things should be done,” but instead give them the opportunity to experience it themselves
- Answer questions
- Make them feel welcomed
- Create a safe environment
- Be open to ideas