Entrusted with planning, executing, and marketing events that immerse those attending with the culture and provide them with a first-hand experience that helps them understand what it means to participate actively and positively in the Hispanic/Latino culture all while simultaneously demonstrating and teaching why certain events/traditions etc are important. e.g. Mi Casa Es Su Casa Opening Ceremony, Linda Vallejo with MSC VAC, Mi Casa Series, Las Posadas, Mis Quince, and Mi Casa Closing Ceremony.
“Ciña ¡Oh Patria! Tus sienes de oliva de la paz el arcánel divino que en el cielo tu eterno destino por el dedo de Dios se escribió.” -Himno Nacional Mexicano
Entrusted with planning, executing, and marketing events and programs that revolve around educating the campus and B/CS community about the various Hispanic/Latino cultures, topics and conversations that pertain to and educate others about the Hispanic/Latino community/people etc. i.e. creating, organizing, and running educational events, securing food/venue for events and programs. e.g.: Open Mic Night, PERG Lecture: Matt Barreto, Raise Your Voice, and Latin Comedy Night.
“They tried to bury us, but they didn’t know that we were seeds.” -Mexican Proverb
You are not alone in this process!
“You can do what I cannot do. I can do what you cannot do. Together we can do great things.” -Mother Teresa
If you’re wondering, “What do members involved in the STUDs subcommittee learn?”
- STUDS members learn to appreciate and give importance to every step of the planning and execution of a program. Sometimes, the little things achieve the biggest goals! Participation and ideas are very important and crucial for the success of programs.
STUDs Sub-Committee Member Expectations
- Have fun and enjoy every second spent as a STUDs member
- If you feel like something should be done differently, share your ideas so that we can implement them
- Be dedicated to our team
- Trust and be trusted; delegate and be responsible
- Be a good listener
- Everything you do in this subcommittee is very important for MSC CAMAC
- Dedication, enthusiasm, and creativity is required! We want to make sure the whole committee bonds as the familia we are!
- General Committee Meetings are the nucleus of MSC CAMAC’s events. This is where the whole committee unites to talk about events and socials. We are in charge of planning these meetings!
- Room available
- Drinks and Ice
- Powerpoint Presentation must be ready
- IceBreaker for members